Have you got what it takes to be a disrupter?
Do you have an idea for a perfect product? Do you think you could market and sell that product? Could you do that in a day?
This is the challenge set by SurreyIDEA, an innovation and digital enterprise academy that aims to educate a new generation of digital entrepreneurs and so-called disrupters. SurreyIDEA is inviting 15-17-year-olds in the UK to work on this challenge through its IDEA in a Day programme.
What does IDEA in a Day involve?
Everyone participating in this exciting project will be introduced to a range of business concepts and models. Using this knowledge, the participants then work together in teams on the SurreyIDEA business challenge; in other words:
1) Innovate a product
2) Produce a 5-minute pitch about how the team would go about marketing and selling this product
3) Present the pitch to a panel of experts.
The teams compete against each other – just as you would in a competitive business environment – for certificates and prizes.
Do you have to pay?
No. IDEA in a Day is free to attend. Even refreshments and materials are provided. SurreyIDEA is particularly keen on encouraging young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to get involved and will offer financial support to those who need help with travel costs.
Why is SurreyIDEA offering this programme?
“Our new programme will give young people, especially from hard-to-reach groups, the chance to see what they are capable of now and the positive impact they could have on their professional life later,” says Andy Adcroft, SurreyIDEA’s Founder.
Indeed, it’s incredible how much you can fit in in a day. SurreyIDEA hopes that participants will come away with:
- Information about study and career options in a digital business world
- The ability to apply learning and knowledge from their studies in a business context
- Life skills such as team working, creativity, problem solving, networking and persuasion
- Presentation skills.
- An understanding of key business developments such as digitisation, connectedness and innovation, and how they will impact on the world of work.
- Information on Higher Education and the university-learning environment.
When is IDEA in a Day happening?
The workshops are filling fast but there are a few dates left in December.
December 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,9 ,10 ,11 ,12
What are disrupters and how do you apply?
Disrupters are innovators who come up with an idea or product that changes the way we think, behave and do business. They disrupt the status quo. If you think you have what it takes to be a disrupter – or would simply like to learn some very important life skills – then book your place via this booking form: https://surrey.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/ideainaday