Immersive STEM opportunities with Australia’s NYSF
IF YOU KNOW A YEAR 11 STUDENT FASCINATED BY STEM AND INTRIGUED TO KNOW WHAT THE FUTURE COULD HOLD, AUSTRALIA’S NATIONAL YOUTH SCIENCE FORUM (NYSF) CAN POINT THEM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. READ THEIR GUEST-WRITTEN BLOG AND FIND OUT MORE…
Do you have a child, grandchild, neighbour or know a Year 11 student with a passion for science, technology, engineering or maths (STEM)? Encourage them to apply now for the NYSF 2021 Year 12 Program!
“Going to NYSF was the best decision I ever made. I made friends from all over Australia, went on fascinating lab visits and lectures, and networked with industry experts and academics I never thought I’d meet.”
– Kayleigh NYSF 2020 participant
The National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) Year 12 Program encourages young people in their passion for STEM by taking participants outside the classroom and introducing them to the endless possibilities a STEM career offers. Our program is one of the best-known STEM experiences in Australia; running since 1984 it has helped over 12,000 alumni realise life-long STEM literacy.
Over the 10-day youth-led program, students will connect with 200 like-minded students from around Australia. They will participate in immersive STEM activities led by Australia’s STEM leaders which will foster their passion and love of STEM. Visits to state-of-the-art facilities enables participants to explore the wide variety of study and career options available in STEM, while encouraging continued study in these fields.
In 2021, there will be 600 places available across three sessions. While at the program, students will:
• Live on campus at one of our host universities (Australian National University or University of Queensland)
• Tour science and technology labs and sites to experience facilities and learn about research being conducted
• Connect with Australia’s STEM leaders such as NYSF Science Patron Prof. Tanya Monro FAA FTSE FOSA FAIP GAICD
• Engage with industry partners and research providers
• Learn about university and STEM career pathways
• Mix with other like-minded students from all over Australia
• Network with NYSF alumni to further increase understanding of STEM related study and career experiences.
Every Year 11 student with a passion for STEM should apply now for the NYSF 2021 Year 12 Program. Applications close 14 June, so head to our website for more information. https://www.nysf.edu.au/programs/year-12-program/
To find out more about NYSF’s work, visit: https://www.nysf.edu.au/