Teachers! Sign up for a free CPD course on delivering lessons about aerospace
The Airbus Foundation has teamed up with European Schoolnet to launch the Aerospace in Class project – a free CPD course or massive open online course (MOOC) aimed at giving teachers the knowledge and skills needed to engage their students in aerospace-related subjects.
From now, and over the next five weeks, participants in the Aerospace in Class MOOC, will:
• Create their own learning scenario for their STEM class using aerospace resources
• Access Aerospace in Class resources for educational activities
• Learn about Inquiry-based Science Education (IBSE), the “Do-it-yourself” (DIY) approach and design thinking, as well how to apply these approaches in the classroom
• Learn how to plan and design aerospace activities
• Exchange knowledge with peers and review others’ Learning Scenarios
The MOOC consists of four modules, which tackle different ways to create lessons on aerospace topics. Anyone can sign up, but the activities are specifically targeted at primary and secondary school teachers and teacher trainers with an interest in aerospace and STEM education.
Watch this animation to find out more!
The Aerospace in Class MOOC is coordinated by European Schoolnet. The aim of the Aerospace in Class project is to help primary and secondary school teachers to deliver STEM resources from Airbus Foundation Discovery Space. The Aerospace in Class MOOC is funded by the Airbus Foundation with the support from Scientix and the STEM Alliance.